The DAISY Foundation is a non-profit organization, established in memory of J. Patrick Barnes, by members of his family. At the age of 33, he died of complications from Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP). Diseases Attacking the Immune System is what Daisy stands
Every nurse is caring and committed to his or her patients, families, students, co-workers, and others. For these health equity awards, please tell us what sets this nurse apart from other caring nurses. Nurses should demonstrate most or all these qualities.
To nominate an individual or chapter, please explain how they have met at least one of the following criteria:
• How has the nominee shown commitment to the community served, in a way that is significantly above the norm?
• Describe how the nominee made a difference by addressing one or more social determinants of health.
• How has the nominee made a significant impact on patient care and/or the nursing profession?
• How has the nominee gone "beyond the call”, or demonstrated excellence above what is normally expected?
AAMN DAISY HEALTH EQUITY AWARD FOR INDIVIDUALS
Purpose: To recognize excellence of an individual who goes over and beyond to address health equity and work to mitigate one or more of the social determinants of health.
Award: Healer’s Touch Sculpture and Personalized DAISY Award Certificate
□ Current full membership in AAMN.
□ Must not be a current AAMN Board member.
□ Must not have held a Board position two years prior to date of application.
□ Promotes and enhances the image of nursing within the organization, the community, and the profession.
□ Promotes Health Equity for those within their community.
AAMN DAISY HEALTH EQUITY AWARD FOR THE TEAM
Purpose: To recognize a chapter for their team efforts and activities that address health equity by going above and beyond caring for patients and family members who are from historically, medically, and underserved populations that bear the burden of health disparities.
Award: Healer’s Touch Sculpture and Personalized DAISY Team Award Certificate
□ Active AAMN Chapter that exemplifies AAMN mission by ensuring equal access to professional development, promoting educational opportunities and improving health.
□ Chapter members are role models of collaboration and teamwork that make a difference in the lives of patient, families, employees, and the community.
□ Nomination must be submitted by Chapter President.
Follow all instructions for preparation and submission of your application.
The following is required for submission:
1. A one-page summary of the achievements that you believe qualify you/your team for the award
2. A one-page bio with current high resolution professional photo (headshot)
3. A PDF attachment with supporting materials (i.e., photos, newsletter articles) to support your qualifications.
Your submissions and supporting materials will ONLY be accepted electronically. Assemble the following materials and save as one PDF file with this file format: (Your Last name)-Award Application, Ex: Jones-Award Application.
Submit the PDF File via email using the same file name in the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit your high-resolution head shot photo to the same email address.
NOTE: APPLICATION MUST BE COMPETED IN ITS ENTIRETY. ATTACHMENT OF THE CV ONLY DOES NOT FULFILL THIS REQUIREMENT AND WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR BOTH AWARDS IS FRIDAY, JULY 28