The Luther Christman award is given to an individual or individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to nursing that also reflects highly on men in nursing or significantly contributes to AAMNâ€™s mission.
Submissions must be received at AAMN Headquarters by July 15 for the same years award. Submissions received after the deadline will be considered for the following year.
- The person or persons honored with this award must have made a visible, commendable and substantial contribution to nursing and to men in nursing over a period of time.
- The person or persons are not required to be members of this AAMN.
- The person or persons are not required to be registered nurses.
- The individual is expected to be present for the presentation of the award.
- The award will not be given to the same person or persons more than once.
- The award will be offered only when a person or persons are determined to be worthy of this award and have met the required criteria.
- The award will be determined by majority vote of the Board of Directors.
- The nominee/recipient of the Luther Christman Award shall not be currently serving as an officer or board member of AAMN.
- The Award submission is open on Jan 1st through July 15th.
- The Award committee will review all submissions on July 15th through August 15th
- The committee will select the winner and submit nomination to the AAMN Board by August 15th
- The Award winner will be announced at the AAMN Annual Conference
Please see the attached form for more details on how to submit for this award.
Luther Christman Award Recipients
1975 Gerald Ford
1976 Myrtle K.Aydelotte
1977 Chester Retlowski
1978 Samuel Hart
1979 Valencia Prock
1980 Jeanette McPhail
1981 Vernice Ferguson
1982 Harold MacKinnon
1983 The Alexian Brothers
1984 Dorothy Wheeler
1985 Virginia Henderson
1986 Edward J. Halloran
1987 Frances P. Bolton
1988 Clifford Morrison
1989 Ada Sue Hinshaw
1992 Nicholas Cummings
1993 Peter Ungvarski
1994 Barbara Holtzclaw
1995 Lawrence Voyten
1996 Ann Marie Brooks