If you are thinking about starting an AAMN chapter in your area or at your school of nursing, the resources on this page are intended to guide you through the process.
Below, you will find files for you to download as tools for you to start a chapter:
- The AAMN College and University Based Chapter Starter Kit (PDF) provides you with the information to start a University or College based chapter.
- The AAMN Hospital and Community Based Chapter Starter Kit (PDF) provides you with the information to start a Hospital or Community based chapter.
- The Sample Formal Letter for Chapter Request (PDF) provides a template for an official letter of request.
- The AAMN Chapter Formation Checklist (Word) will guide you through the specific steps of the process and needs to be submitted to the Chairperson, Chapters & Membership Committee when all the steps have been completed.
- The AAMN Sample Chapter Bylaws (Word) are provided as a template for community based chapters. The sample bylaws may or may be suitable for school/university based chapters depending on the specific academic requirements and/or student government rules at the school/university.
- The About Us section gives more information on AAMN. There, you will find our History, Board Members, Committees, Bylaws, Resolutions and Positioning Statements, and Strategic Plan.
- The AAMN Posters are available in large jpg files for download and use by all chpaters in compliance. Click here to preview and access all posters.
- To thank all our chapters who are currently in compliance, AAMN wants to help with some provisions. Please provide the National Office with your Contact information so we can send you a Starter Kit if you have not received one already. The Starter Kits are only for NEW Chapters and those in compliance who have NOT received one yet. Limit one FREE kit per chapter.
- View our Current Chapters to contact others about their success in starting a chapter.
- Information on AAMN Membership can be found under AAMN Membership Tab.
- Feel free to print the most updated version of the AAMN Membership Application.
- The AAMN Logo Policy Describes how the AAMN Logo can be used and by Whom.
- The latest AAMN Brochure available in PDF format.
- A sample postcard invitation to help individual chapter growth.
- A sample Flyer for ideas on how to promote individual chapters.
- Here are some helpful ideas on Recruitment and Retention.
- Check out the AAMN Store for AAMN Logo'd Merchandise!
- AAMN is on Facebook and YouTube! Join our page.
- AAMN is proud of the Awards and Scholarships we have been able to award over the years.
Click here to download a business card template for your chapter.
Click here to download a banner template for your chapter.
During the 2011 conference, there was discussion by the Chapter Presidents regarding 501 status of the local chapters. The Greater Cincinnati Chapter was working on obtaining their personal chapter 501 status. The Chapter indicated an understanding of the process to include three steps. The first step is available to all chapters.
- The first step is obtaining an Employer ID number from the IRS. An EIN is recommended for non-profit organizations. It does not allow individuals/businesses to contribute funds to your chapter and receive tax credit. An EIN will allow your chapter/organization to obtain a checking account using this number instead of your personal social security number.
- To obtain an EIN for your chapter (no charge) complete the online application at the IRS.