The Lee Cohen Member of the Year Award is given annually to recognize a member of AAMN who has made an exceptional contribution to AAMN over a period of time. In 1995, at the annual meeting the "AAMN Member of the Year Award" was renamed to honor the contributions of AAMN's former President, Lee Cohen, PhD, RN. The Award now bears his name as a living tribute to our late colleague. Read More.
Submissions must be received at AAMN Headquarters by July 15 for the same years award. Submissions received after the deadline will be considered for the following year.
- Nominee must be a full member of AAMN for at least two years.
- The contribution(s) should be significant and understood by the membership.
- The person(s) does not need to be, or have been, an officer or member of the Board of Directors.
- No individual should be honored with this award more than once.
- The award will be given only when an individual or individuals have made a contribution to the organization worthy of this recognition.
- The award will be determined by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.
- The Award submission is open on Jan 1st through July 15th.
- The Award committee will review all submissions on July 15th through August 15th
- The committee will select the winner and submit nomination to the AAMN Board by August 1
Lee Cohen Award Recipients
1989 Gary Peichoto
1990 Joann Szwaczkowski
1991 David Sprouse
1993 J. Keenan Casteel
1994 Gregory Johnson
1995 Robert Schaffner
1996 Tom Nichol
1997 Jim Raper
1998 Bruce Wilson
1999 Russell E. Tranbarger
2000 Bill Grau
2001 Jim Frye